Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Oatmeal Energy Ball Recipe




This is possibly the best energy ball recipe I have found!  Unfortunately, I scribbled it on a piece of paper after seeing it on Facebook, so I have no idea where it came from.  They are delicious, however, and have been given rave reviews in my house by adults and children alike.  The recipe takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, and the last batch I made lasted in the fridge for approximately 3 weeks.  Too good not to give them a try!


Oatmeal Energy Ball Recipe

1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup flax meal
1/2 cup almond butter (or peanut butter, but I prefer the taste of the almond butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract

*Optional ingredients include coconut or dried cranberries.*

Directions:  Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Form into balls with clean hands (if your hands get too sticky, you will have a hard time).  Place in an airtight container in the fridge.  *Makes approximately 20 balls.*

No comments:

Post a Comment